Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Going to Florence

I'm headed for Italy? Ha ha ha, in my dreams!
No, alas, I'm talking about a tropical storm out in the Atlantic that one computer projection says could become a major hurricane and stay out to sea or end up being a weaker storm that makes landfall somewhere - anywhere - in the East Coast.  This storm is nine days out should the latter projection be true, so there's no way to figure out which solution is right.
But one projection - the Canadian one (ha ha ha!) - has it coming right up the coast once it reaches the North Carolina Outer Banks! 
It looks like I'm going to be on edge for the next few days as Florence makes its way across the ocean.  Right now there's no plausible scenario for this storm making landfall where I live, but that could change.  Some people are already suggesting that this could be Sandy Mark Two.  If it were to strike the Northeast, it would be around next Thursday or Friday.
To paraphrase a classic-rock lyric, I'll be praying 'til next Thursday to all the gods that you can count.
So what does it mean for my blog - particularly my White Album commentary posts?  Well, I can write them in advance (I already do, actually) and schedule them to be published should lack of electrical power prevent me from publishing them myself.  I just won't be able to promote them on social media until I get my electricity back.  My Music Video Of the Week feature?  I might have to suspend that.  One way or another, I hope to keep my blog going in some fashion.  For now, I wait nervously.  Just as I did every September - and October - for the past few years.
Brett Kavanaugh?  Please, one headache at a time . . .

No comments: