Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Mighty Wind

The storm the Weather Channel is insisting on calling Saturn won't bring terribly heavy snow accumulations to northern New Jersey, where I live. That's the good news. The bad news? Winds will be a factor . . . for two to three days. The same Weather Channel that named this storm Saturn predicts rings of wind averaging anywhere between 20 and 30 mph from tomorrow through Friday, though this same Weather Channel provides absolutely no information about the gusts that could cause the possible blackout that could put me out of commission here for who knows how long. (The AccuWeather forecast is a little more optimistic, calling for winds of about 15 mph with gusts of near 30 mph.
Ugh. Regardless of what happens, I'm thinking of taking a break here for awhile. If you see a post on Friday showing my Music Video Of the Week on the main page of this blog rather than on its own page, then you know my electricity didn't survive the storm, it did not come back on in time for me to change my video, and that my post with the new video had been scheduled to be published in advance. I'm looking forward to more springlike temperatures and drier, calmer conditions on Saturday. :-O

No comments: