Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh, No! NOT AGAIN!

It's coming.
A nor'easter - yes, a nor'easter in April - is headed for the American Northeast, and it's expected to dump an average of three inches of rain . . . and leave gusty winds in its wake.  In short, my mother and I could be experiencing another interminable electrical blackout six months after the last one . . . from the October snowstorm.
Plus, tomorrow is my mother's birthday. :-(  She's not going to be too happy about that.
An April nor'easter is as common as an October snowstorm, and it figures that two rare phenomena are occurring within six months of each other.
Worse, still, severe storms of this nature are increasing in frequency, no matter what sort of storms they are.  And climate change doesn't exist? Get real!
That's the last thing right-wingers want to do, although reality is about to bite them yet again. I hope to survive this latest blast of very inclement weather (like the willow trees that turn their backs on it, at least the ones that, with a little luck, don't fall over), and I hope to get back to blogging as soon as possible.
I hope to (re)publish another record review for Sunday before the worst (which I'm expecting) happens.
You may think I'm paranoid, or at least hysterical.  But the last time we got a rain nor'easter (two years ago), a tree fell on our garage.

No comments: