Saturday, March 31, 2012

Radio Update

It turns out the RDS on my car radio isn't broken.  I had written to WFUV-FM before the text started going out on every radio station.  Since that happened, the text came back on, went back off, and came back on again for every radio station other than WFUV.  A representative of the Fordham University-based college indie station acknowledged that they were the source of the problem, so I don't have to get my radio checked by my Volkswagen dealership after all.  The apparent reason for RDS problems on other stations that provide text was that WFUV's problems interfered my radio's ability to receive RDS text from other stations but did not damage - and has not damaged - the RDS feature on my radio.
Got all that?
To make a long story short, I had a problem, I now know what caused it, and I don't have to worry about it.  That's a relief.  WFUV is working on the problem and their RDS feed should be back to normal soon.
Back with more miscellaneous musings later . . . and a surprise.       

1 comment:

Steve said...

The RDS feed is back on WFUV-FM now.