Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The 2005-06 TV Season

And so the new television season is underway. . . .
I was hoping to see CBS's new sitcom, "How I Met Your Mother," last night, but I misremembered the air time - it was 8:30 PM ET, not 9 PM ET as I thought - but I've heard it's very good. One sitcom I know is good - hilarious, in fact - is NBC's "The Office," returning tonight after debuting as a mid-season replacement this past spring. Steve Carell, the show's star, returns to TV with more heat as the star of the movie The 40-Year-Old Virgin than he he had back in May.
Also, NBC is moving "The West Wing" to Sundays at 8 PM ET. The Nutty Broadcasting Company seems to be out to kill this show. Not only is it opposite CBS's very popular "Cold Case," but late NFL games on CBS will force "60 Minutes" to start well after 7 PM - and run well after 8 PM. So if you like both "60 Minutes" and "The West Wing," you'd better tape one or the other during football season.

No comments: