Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hard Luck Stories

So how are things going for me? Not as well as they should. Our new cable Internet connection, which should be working flawlessly by now, was out of all Sunday afternoon; it's back, but we're having someone look at it anyway. Claire Barrett, the motion artist I've written an article on (not out yet), is performing next week in New York and wants me to come, but I can't because of my work schedule. Two red maple saplings I planted along the sidewalk near my house got chopped up by someone. . . or something. And I can't seem to concentrate on the simplest tasks at home.
On the other hand, I finally found my prescription sunglasses.
Oh yeah, my Volkswagen got recalled - again - this time for a potential problem with the fuel delivery system. It won't cost me a cent to have it fixed (if it even needs fixing; VW says it might need fixing), and I don't regret buying my Golf, because it's a blast to drive, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't mildly disappointed in Volkswagen. This is not the high quality - an issue VW was believed to have resolved at the time I bought my car - I expected from the company.
Nevertheless, I still love my Golf, and I continue to appreciate its handling capabilities and its command of the road. In spite of the handful of problems I've had with my car (which, over the course of five years, doesn't amount to much), I'll probably remain a Volkswagen loyalist until I'm too old to drive. :-)

No comments: