Saturday, April 9, 2005

A Great Day For Bush?

George W. Bush, the first sitting U.S. President to attend a papal funeral, called yesterday's events a major highlight of his presidency. I don't think those were his exact words, but he did call it a highlight of sorts Sort of reminds me of another odious Republican President's comments at a state funeral - at the funeral for French President Georges Pompidou in 1974, Richard Nixon declared, "This is a great day for France." Those were his exact words.
Meanwhile, here are the current White House occupant's exact words on Christianity: "There is no doubt in my mind there is a living God. And no doubt in my mind that the Lord Christ was sent by the Almighty. No doubt in my mind about that."
As Groucho Marx might have said, this is sure to offend the Jews. :-O

No comments: