Friday, October 1, 2004

RIP Richard Avedon

Fashion and portrait photographer Richard Avedon just died of a cerebral hemorrhage at 81. This is really spooky; back in January, on this blog, I noted that fashion photographers Francesco Scavullo and Helmut Newton died within several days of each other and I wrote the following in response (and you can go to the archives for January 2004, if you don't believe me):
"If I were Richard Avedon, I'd be very worried right now."
Hey, I was only kidding! :-O But it shows that my mother was right - famous people die in threes. And, three famous fashion photographers died this year, two of them in the same month. Weird, isn't it?
Avedon had been in the middle of an assignment, taking pictures related to the issue of democracy, when he died. :-(

No comments: