Sunday, October 3, 2004

Caldwell, NJ Street Fair

The annual street fair in Caldwell, New Jersey, was held today. The fair contained the usual bric-a-brac, food, and kiddie rides. I bought a crab cake sandwich and a Coke, and I watched the kids on one of the amusement rides, one of those Hampton kiddie car rides featuring Model A and Mustang replicas with glittery paint and a steering wheel it front of every seat - oh, for the fun of them when I was one of them! I didn't but any trinkets, though, but they were fun to look at. I used to go to the sand art booths and fill the bottles with layers of different colored sand; I gave them to my grandmother. She liked them. :-)
One thing I didn't like, however, was the absence of any live entertainment this year - no local bands or anything like that. Just four clowns giving out lapel stickers - whoppee! Bring back the rock bands next year, I say. If they still want four clowns, they could compromise and get a Kiss tribute band! :-D

No comments: