Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Last Olympic News For the Night

Oh yeah, before I call it a night here . . .
I don't know who won the decathlon, but I know Tom Pappas was forced out after sustaining a foot injury. I also know that Bryan Clay, the other American, was in third place after the ninth event; all that's left is the 1500-meter race. Could Clay join the realm of Thorpe, Mathias, Campbell, Johnson, Jenner, and O'Brien? I'll soon find out. :-)
Greco-Roman wrestling is going on, and Rulon Gardner, the man who beat the mighty Alexander Karelin in the 2000 Sydney Games, is back to defend his gold medal. He got lost in the mountains one winter since 2000 and almost died; it'll be an amazing feat if he can win again.
Say, if no one at the Games is going to protest the war in Iraq as synchronized swimming is going on, maybe someone in Athens can protest synchronized swimming! :-D

No comments: