Sunday, August 29, 2004

All Over But The Tape Delay

As I type, the 2004 Olympics are over; the closing ceremony was held a few hours ago in Athens. Due to that pesky thing called tape delay, it won't be shown in the States until later tonight. I may be back later with a few final thoughts when I see it.
But for the most part, I'm done commenting on the Games of the 28th Olympiad. Sixteen days ago I decided to devote this blog exclusively to the Olympics for their duration; I decided to challenge myself as a writer to comment on everything and everything that caught my attention or interest, for every day of the competition, as if this were my regular profession. I think I've made myself a better writer - though there's still room for me to keep improving - as a result. In terms of Olympic posts, I certainly provided a lot of quantity. As for quality, well, you, the reader, will have to be the judge of that. And if you have any comments on my efforts. . .
Keep'em! I'm not interested! :-
(Seriously, if you're one of my cyberbuddies, drop me a line; I'd love to hear your feedback. If you're not one of my cyberpals. . .sorry, I'm not giving out my e-mail address here. Deal with it.)
I call upon the youth of the world - and everyone else - to assemble four years hence for my commentary on the Beijing Olympics. Citius, altius, fortius, satiricus! ;-)

No comments: