Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Questions and Answers

Okay, I'm back. Time to answer some questions:
How was the Brandywine Valley? It was great. My mother and I saw a colonial Pennsylvania settlement, the Nemours mansion outside Wilmington, and Longwood Gardens near Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. The weather was great, and the gardens at Longwood were spectacular.
How's your new job? So far so good! :-) I have a really nice coworker, and I'm learning the ropes of the mailroom rather quickly.
Has anything gone wrong? Umm, yes. A warning light on my car went off, and I had to take it to the repair shop to get it checked. Luckily, it turned out to be nothing.
Have you read any good books lately? I've read two novels - Thomas McGuane's "The Cadence of Grass," a delicious sendup of the nouveau riche of the American West, and James Howard Kunstler's "Maggie Darling," a year in the life of a Martha Stewart-like character. I recommend them both.
Also, I'm reading Margaret Drabble's "The Millstone." It's a pretty good read so far.
What are you writing now? Uh, you're looking at it. Right now I'm not working on any freelance projects.
When will you get back to your freelance writing? Who knows? :-(

No comments: