Thursday, March 18, 2004

What's Up With Me

It's been a week since I last posted, so you're probably wondering how my job is going. So far, it seems to be okay. I mostly work a cash register, and I haven't had any major problems. I've made a few mistakes ringing up receipts, but that's to be expected; it's been a while since I've done that. The only drawback to working in this store is the piped-in music system; they play the same twenty songs or so over and over and over again. While they do play the Beatles's "We Can Work It Out" and Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl," they play several other songs I can do without. Every day I've had to hear Tony Orlando sing "Knock Three Times" three times, and if I have to hear Sheena Easton sing "The Morning Train" again, I think I'm going to go berserk!
And that's not to mention having to hear K.C. and the Sunshine Band all the time.
My Saint Patrick's Day was okay, and I had the traditional Irish-American dinner of corned beef and cabbage. Spring is supposed to be around the corner, but it doesn't feel like it - New Jersey is getting a lot of snow now.
On a much more somber note, I recently heard that my aunt - my father's sister - has leukemia, and she's been in and out of the hospital. I sent her a card. I hope she can beat this disease.


No comments: