Friday, March 26, 2004

I Got Interviewed For TV News!

You'll never believe this, boys and girls, but I was interviewed on TV today!
Well, not exactly. I was interviewed and taped for a public access show in a "man on the street" spot, except it was in a shopping center. A cameraman asked me my opinion on the inclusion of the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, and I told him exactly what I'm writing now: references to God in the public schools violate the separation of church and state, and it is this separation that allows us to practice the religion of our choice freely in the first place. The cameraman didn't tell me when - or if - my comments would be aired, so I won't likely see myself on TV. Still, it's an honor to be asked for my opinion. :-)
"If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!" - Martin Lawrence

No comments: