Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Looking Back At 2003

Well, another year is almost over. I guess I have every right to be dissatisfied and disillusioned. I got fired from my job, and a hiring freeze at my mother's place of work means that I probably won't get a job there. This month, a problem with the brakes on my VW Golf that caused it to sound like a sled braking when I touched the pedal cost $350 to have fixed (I found a new mechanic), and even though I don't regret buying a Volkswagen, my mom went ahead and told me I should have bought a Toyota or a Honda. One interview article I started has been put on ice indefinitely, and the one I was going to write about a local jazz DJ isn't even going to get started - she wouldn't return my last e-mail. (I might try to give her another shot, but I don't know . . ..)
So why am I content? I got four articles published this year, I had a nice long vacation that allowed me to take it easy and ride my bike, and I made some friends in the peace movement. And "Ed" escaped cancellation. On balance, it was a moderately decent year.

No comments: