Sunday, September 7, 2003

Rage Against the Machines

This past week hasn't been a good one for me with regards to machines and technology. Particulars:
I was listening to a cassette tape on Tuesday and it suddenly jammed on me. Fortunately, neither the tape nor the cassette player was damaged.
On Wednesday, I was trying to get a new compact disc out of its jewel box and it took me fifteen minutes. (Okay, a jewel box isn't a machine, but it's close enough. CD's are technology, no?)
On Friday I intended to take my bike into Manhattan, but I didn't even make it to the George Washington Bridge this time. My rear tire was already flat when I started out from the New Jersey side. I attempted to pump it up with an air canister and a hand pump, but I botched it and I couldn't get the air in.
I took my bike to the bicycle shop and got the rear tire pumped up; meanwhile, I finally broke down and bought a floor pump. I then took my bike out for a ride around town, and the rear tire was flat again in two hours.
I pumped the rear tire up alright, but when I tried to add air to the front tire, I tore the inner tube and let all the air out. That's when I lost it and went berserk.
Yesterday morning I tried to get on Blogger, but it was down.
There's always this coming week . . ..

No comments: