Friday, August 29, 2003

A Bad Day

I had a lousy day yesterday.
I planned to go cycling in New York's Central Park, but everything went wrong. I left the house later than planned, then after I rode my bike over the George Washington Bridge and down Riverside Drive, I was just entering Central Park when I got a flat tire. And I'd had my tires checked a week earlier!
After being directed by someone to a bicycle shop on Columbus (or Amsterdam) Avenue at 110th Street that didn't exist, I had to take my bike on the subway to Washington Heights, walk it across the bridge, and take it back to my car - this took an hour and half - and put it back on the bike rack. I drove to my local bike shop to have the flat repaired, then went home - where I could only stay for fifteen minutes because I had a dental appointment.
After I got home from the dentist, I had dinner and looked forward to a leisurely walk through my neighborhood to help me unwind. But then I had to go out somewhere to run a last-minute errand for my uncle.
This was my second bicycle mishap this month, and only the fifth time this month that I was able to take my bike out, owing to unstable weather. Yesterday was a beautiful day, the type of which isn't expected around here for at least another week.
Not feeling very cheery today. Sorry . . ..

No comments: