Monday, April 8, 2024

Out Of the Tribe

I just quit Tribel.

I don't know what it is about this blog that offends people.  It is my writing style?  Is it my choice of topics to write about?  Is it because I think black women are more attractive when they don't wear their hair in cornrows?  But apparently someone at the social media platform Tribel - the more liberal, more fair, more welcoming alternative to Facebook - was ticked off at me for something.  When I tried to post a link to my previous blog post - about Gaza -  I got a message saying, "You cannot post this link in Tribel."  I tried repeatedly to post it again and got the same message.  I posted the link to my entire blog to see what would happen; that didn't work.   An attempt to repost a link to a blog entry that had nothing to do with Gaza proved to be equally futile.   
So I terminated my account.  So what? No one I knew posted there, and I had little if any reason to interact with those who were on Tribel.  And I only set up an account there to post links to my blog because Facebook wouldn't let me do so on its platform.  I got approximately the same number of pageviews for my Gaza post that I'd gotten with previous posts, indicating that Tribel was a waste of time anyway.   
And any social media platform that purports to be liberal, fair and welcoming only to block something you have to say ought not to stay in business.  

No comments: