Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Rape?

There are credible accusations against Hamas for having raped and mutilated Israeli women when they stormed into Israel this past October 7.  

Yet no one in the left seems to care.  Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) downplayed it in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash, who is Jewish.  When Jayapal pivoted to the deaths of innocent Palestinian civilians at the hands of the Israeli Defense Force, Bash admitted that was true, "but you don't see Israeli soldiers raping Palestinian women."

"I don’t want this to be the hierarchies of oppressions. This is not how we’re going to defeat terrorism," Jayapal replied.

Look.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm Irish, I was raised Catholic, and I believe that Irish-American Catholics should be on the side of the Palestinians because of Ulster.  Not to mention because of nine hundred years of oppression at the hands of the English before the fictitious "Northern Ireland" was created  But when at any time during the Troubles did commandos of the Irish Republican Army rape and mutilate Protestant women?   I certainly can't think of any such examples.  
We should support the Palestinians.  But we should not support Hamas.  There's a difference.

No comments: