Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Ram On?

The Los Angeles Rams won the Super Bowl on Sunday for the first time as the Los Angeles Rams - their 2000 victory occurred when they were based in St. Louis - and they won in their own home stadium.  But no one is talking about that because folks are too busy talking about the halftime show.

The halftime show was made up of hip-hop performers from the nineties, and the reaction from Americans boiled down to this: According to the lamestream media, every decent, tolerant, inclusive, progressive person in America loved it and praised it as a show that was long overdue for representing a key element of American popular culture in the NFL, while the only people who hated it were Trump supporters and the usual assortment of crotchety old Mr. Wilsons ("Get off my lawn, kid!") who haven't given up on their tiresome, soulless classic rock.  And it you didn't like the halftime show, well, you're obviously a bigot.  Or you're just plain weird.

I don't even want to ask what Karen Hunter thought.  

Yeah, well, guess what.  I didn't see the halftime show, so I won't comment on it.  Except to say that I didn't watch it because I dislike hip-hop.  But I didn't watch the game either.  Because I also dislike football.

Now - when does the 2022 World Cup start?

No comments: