Saturday, March 21, 2020

Pandemic Blues

This coronavirus pandemic is really taking a toll on everyone, including me.  I've been watching nothing but the news - there isn't much else on TV anyway - and one piece of bad news follows another.  Violently wild stock market swings . . . everything shut down . . . the number of U.S. coronavirus cases topping 19,000 . . . Italy experiencing more coronavirus deaths than China with no end to the rising infection and fatality rates despite their national lockdown . . . California, New York State and Illinois closed until further notice . . . no light at the end of the tunnel for anyone except in the form of an oncoming train.  The only "positive" news I hear is the status of coronavirus test outcomes.
We're not getting much relief from the weather where I live, either. We just had some rain, and now  even though it's relatively mild, it's going to be raw and wet this coming Monday with much of the week forecast to be showery.  At least I won't feel guilty for staying indoors.
I was so looking forward to spring . . . turns out that the benign winter that just ended was one of the nicest seasons we've had recently.  I actually got to go out a lot.  And no power outages.
I'm sort of tired now . . . 

No comments: