Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Clarification and Correction - January 2, 2019

In my December 13 post, "Trump's Latest Appointees," I wrote that Trump's designated United Nations ambassador, Heather Nauert, was "famous for celebrating our special relationship with D-Day that goes back to D-Day - when we were . . . fighting the Germans?"  I know: What the heck was she talking about?  More like, what the heck was I talking about?  I meant to say that Nauert is "famous for celebrating our special relationship with Germany that goes back to D-Day - when we were . . . fighting the Germans . . ."  What Nauert said was dumb, but I'm responsible for making it sound even dumber - a consequence of writing quickly to get timely commentary out as fast as possible.  Of course, I regret the error.
In this new year, I hope to avoid typos and also avoid slip-ups like the one I'm addressing now (and the original December 13 post has in fact been corrected).  I'm crossing my fingers that I can keep this New Year's resolution beyond Martin Luther King Day.  We'll see. 

No comments: