Monday, May 21, 2018

The Finale of "The Middle"

Tomorrow, after nine seasons, ABC's "The Middle" - the only sitcom I watch any more - comes to an end.  "The Middle," of course, concerns an Indiana family who can't win for losing and try to muddle through with hilarious consequences.  The series finale will pick up with Axl preparing to move to Denver for a new job and Frankie (his mom) in a tizzy over it, while Sue prepares to spend a summer without her would-be boyfriend Sean.  Or will she?
I still find it hard to believe this show is ending, but unless you're talking about hip-hop, all things must come to an end.  Among the things I'm going to miss about "The Middle" are Brick's quirky obsession with books and with mundane things like print fonts and lawn chairs, as well as dad Mike's deadpan stoicism.  I'll also miss laughing over the quilt stored in the oven and the bedroom wall made of poster board.  But the thing I'm probably going to miss the most is Sue - sweet, perky, Heck daughter Sue, with her over-caffeinated optimism.  As played by Eden Sher, Sue resembled Janet Evans with a hormone imbalance!
And after everything I've written here about Janet Evans, you know I mean that as a compliment. :-)
Back later with some comments about the last episode.

No comments: