Monday, January 1, 2018

Slouching Into 2018

Twenty seventeen wasn't a great year for me, and now I'm going into the new year with a lot of psychological baggage.  Not only am I going through a severe post-holiday depression, the result of an unfortunate incident over a Christmas present  I received and the person who gave it to me  thinking - wrongly - that I didn't appreciate it, but it is so severely cold where I live, and by the end of this week, it could get just below zero.  Note that I live in the United States, the only major country that still uses Fahrenheit as its official temperature scale.  That cold.  (Oh, yeah, and it could snow big time later this week on top of that.)
Meanwhile, I can't get much done - it took forever to type this blog post because of Wi-Fi connectivity problems - and everything at home is out of order.  I am in just such a dark place right now that I can't imagine a way out of it.  And if I can't ring out the old, how on earth am I going to ring in the new? 
Maybe things will get better soon. After all, it's a new year that begins and ends on a Monday - what  could possibly go wrong?  Happy new year. :-(

No comments: