Monday, October 22, 2012

Sandy Storm

I'm watching the third presidential debate of 2012 as I type this, but I have something on my mind that's churning my stomach even more than that . . .
Tropical Storm Sandy formed in the Caribbean and it's making a beeline for the Bahamas.  After that, it could be a bigger storm - perhaps the biggest it could get to be without being a hurricane (74 mph winds) and head straight for the greater New York area and hit a week from today, October 29 - a year to the day after the October Surprise snowstorm of 2011.
Did I happen to mention that cold air could turn this into another snowstorm? :-O 
I have nightmarish memories (but not nightmares, thank goodness) of what happened last year - the blackouts, the wrecked trees.  I don't want to have to relive history, but it looks like those of us who live in the Northeast are going to do just that.  These pre-Halloween natural disasters could end up being an annual occurrence.
Several computer models have Sandy taking a track right up the coast and wreaking havoc in its path.  Even if there is insufficient cold air to turn the precipitation into snow, it could still leave a lot of us in the dark - literally.  Once again, I have to give you a warning that I might not be online for a few days after.  I may even have to put this whole blog on hiatus.  I'll keep you posted . . . if I can.
Oh yeah, the debate. Later.  

No comments: