Friday, September 7, 2012

El Derecho Septiembre

This time it could really happen.
Another series of thunderstorms - a possible derecho - is moving toward New Jersey and New York by way of Indiana, and the weather forecasts have put a good chunk of real estate in the danger zone.  The forecasters are not only talking about hail and damaging winds but . . . tornadoes! 
It's supposed to happen tomorrow night.  The right storm at the right time could knock out my electricity and put me out of commission for I don't know how long.  I wasn't planning to post anything tomorrow on either of my blogs anyway, so I hope to return on Sunday.  I may just publish something I've already written to post on that day in advance and let it appear automatically at the appointed time.  I'm crossing my fingers.
I'm getting sick of this.  It seems that forecasters keep predicting bad summer weather saying "A few storms may be severe" every few days.  Now New Jersey has a forecast that says that several storms will be severe!   I'm starting to miss winter.  

No comments: