Sunday, August 26, 2012

Unconventional Blogging

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I will not be commenting on either of the national political conventions, except to say that it looks like Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac will spare the Republicans a direct hit.  (Damn!) I could try to convince you that this is because I don't have the sort of personality that makes me obsess over something, but after my commentary about the London Olympics, I don't think you'll buy that. I decided long ago, in addition to never walk in anyone's shadow, to also not concentrate on the conventions.  Nothing important is decided at them, the parties waste time on those meaningless policy statements called platforms, and I think I can figure out whom each party will nominate for President and Vice President. So, I have decided to save my time, not to watch, and thus, not to comment.
I know you're disappointed . . .. ;-)

No comments: