Thursday, December 29, 2011

Facebook and Blogger - Imperfect Together

If you're reading this, again, you must have come from Twitter.
I'm back on Facebook - the problems regarding access to my account, caused apparently by malware on my PC and/or hacking of my Facebook account, have been resolved - but now there's a problem that affects every Facebook customer who keeps a blog on Blogger.com. It seems that I cannot post a link to my Blogger.com-based pages, or to any individual posts from those pages, on Facebook. I had a problem with doing this at the same time I started having problems with access to my Facebook account on Sunday, but I thought the linking issue was related to the access problem. When I tried to post another link to my sister blog, Pictures of Beautiful Women, after I was able to get back on Facebook last night and had the same problem, I thought I had another malware/hacking issue! But no, I can still chat and send messages on Facebook, and I can post any link I want . . . except a link to a Blogger-based page. Not without a title or thumbnail picture, anyway. I can post the URL of the blog post, if I'm lucky.
Anyway, I'm hoping that it will soon get resolved, because this is a problem that clearly affects the two sites and all who use both, so it's not a PC issue that I can take care of myself. I won't stop blogging, though, so please be sure to check back tomorrow for my last Christmas Music Video Of the Week for this holiday season and my list of winners and losers for 2011. Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Update: The Facebook-Blogger connection issue has apparently been taken care of. I was even able to post a link on Facebnook to this post!