Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Grayson Matters

Recently, the Florida Democratic Party invited Alan Grayson to be the keynote speaker at the first meeting of the Democratic Progressive Caucus of Florida. Grayson was voted out of his U.S. House seat in 2010, but he hopes to make a comeback in 2012 by winning one of the two new seats Florida gets in the House  starting with the next Congress as a result of reapportionment based on the latest census figures.  He drew hundreds of people to this Democratic event.  He critiqued the Republican presidential candidates (and Sarah Palin) in his thirty-minute speech, and I have to repeat what he said here.  If Grayson doesn't make it back to Washington, he should consider a career as a stand-up comic. :-D
Among his observations:
Sarah Palin: "I was disappointed that Sarah Palin was not running. But I understood why. She realized that she could not fit the Oath of Office on her palm."
On Mitt Romney: "There’s somebody who spends all day trying to figure out whether he should flip or flop."
On Herman Cain: "I hope he gets the nomination because clearly, if both parties nominate African-Americans, every racist in this country will have to commit suicide. . .. What is his business genius? That he paid people $8 an hour to deliver $15 pizzas."
On Rick Perry: "Rick Perry tried to pick a fist fight with Ron Paul on national TV. A 76-year-old man. He doesn’t want to just cut Social Security. He wants to beat up everyone on Social Security."
On Newt Gingrich: "Somebody said to me recently, 'I actually listened to Newt Gingrich, and he sounded really crazy to me.' I said, 'Look, Newt Gingrich has been listening to Newt Gingrich for 68 years. If you listened to Newt Gingrich for 68 years, wouldn’t you be crazy?'"
On Ron Paul: "I’m going to disregard Ron Paul, because everyone else does."
On Michele Bachmann: "I’m not going to say anything about her, because we actually have an agreement between ourselves. The agreement is that if I don’t tell the truth about her, she won’t lie about me."
Happy Thanksgiving. :-D

No comments: