Monday, February 7, 2011

And Winter Rolls On . . .

I got another pair of gloves - two pairs, in fact - and I'm going to need them. Another big storm could dump snow on the Northeast by Thursday, and we've even had to buy a bigger, heavier snow shovel. We know what's coming.

In the meantime, winter rolls on. I just finished clearing the snow off our flat garage roof to avoid a collapse, and we're in a desperate search for more rock salt.

And with all of that to consider, I just learned that spring isn't exactly going to work out the way I hoped, either. Last April I tried to register for the five-borough New York City bicycle tour on the first Sunday in May, but they were sold out some time in February. This year I remembered to register in February. I was still too late. It's only the seventh, and they're sold out for this year. Dammit, this 42-mile bike tour - the route of which includes the usually cars-only Verrazano-Narrows Bridge - is on my bucket list.

Oh well, there's . . . always . . . 2012 . . ..

Yeah, right . . ..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life is like that! Very frustrating, I know! Want to feel better? Read up on the blizzard of 1888 and be thankful for the winter we've had!

Steve said...

I actually heard some good news since writing this post - it's not going to snow on Thursday after all.